7 Days Congo Gorilla Safari
Let your Congo safari dreams begin here! Democratic republic of Congo is known as the Eden of Africa – an undiscovered wonderland not to be missed. A remote country of great rain forests, Nyiragongo Volcano, and seemingly endless Primates like the Golden Monkey, Mountain Gorillas, chimpanzees, and lowland gorillas.
With an impressive 11.25% of the country proclaimed as national parkland, this little-visited country is perfect for experienced African travelers and those in search of a true wilderness experience. Congo is the region’s most progressive and traveler- friendly destination within Central Africa and the youngest state to join the East African Community.
Welcome to our thrilling 7 days Congo Gorilla Safari, where you will have the incredible opportunity to encounter the magnificent mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. This safari takes you to the renowned Virunga National Park in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where you'll also explore the captivating Nyiragongo volcano and enjoy the scenic beauty of Mikeno and its surroundings.
Trip Summery 7 Days Congo Gorilla Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Bukavu – Kahuzi beiga National Park.
- Day 2: Lowland gorilla tracking & community visit.
- Day 3: Gorilla Habituation in Kahuzi Biega National Park .
- Day 4: Transfer to Goma in DRC Congo via Lake Kivu .
- Day 5: Mountain Gorilla trekking in virunga national park.
- Day 6: Nyiragongo Hiking Experience
- Day 7: Descend back, cross to Gisenyi and drive back to Kigali.
Places to Visit:
- Kigali City: This is the capital city of Rwanda offering a range of tourist attractions and activities. Among the activities include visiting the Genocide Memorial Sites where one can learn more about the country's history, explore vibrant local markets like Kimironko Market, immersing in the local art scene at Inema Arts Center, and discovering the Presidential Palace Museum for insights into Rwanda's past. Other must-visit spots include Caplaki Crafts Village for authentic Rwandan crafts, experiencing the multicultural Nyamirambo neighborhood, and enjoying city tours and culinary experiences to delve into the city's landmarks and emerging food scene.
- Virunga National Park: Virunga National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo. It is renowned for its diverse wildlife, including the endangered mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, and a variety of bird species. The park also features the stunning Nyiragongo volcano and the lush Mikeno area.
- Eastern Lowland Gorilla Watching
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Boat Cruise on Lake Kivu
- Kigali City Tour
- Butare Museum
- Nyanza Kings Palace
- Murambi Genocide Memorial